Saturday, April 21, 2012

Navy Week in NOLA!!

So the 2012 celebration commemorating the War of 1812 and the Star-Spangled Banner is taking place here, now!!!! I went downtown to see what all the buzz was about, and to check out some of the GIANT pirate looking ships that I have been spotting in my travels to and from the Westbank...AMAZING!!!! I snapped some photos, but they really do these beautiful vessels no justice.
some hand carved details...
the sailors were nice enough to let us on the ship to take pics
sailin' on
hand painted and carved
somehow we ended up crashing the party on this ship =)
I suggest going to see these LARGER than life ships in person if you get a chance, they are incredible!!! and they set sail on Tuesday. For more info, read this...Navy Week in NOLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment